Dollhouse Femme Film Fest
Public Space One — Sat., Mar. 26 and Sun., Mar. 27 at 8 p.m.
Co-sponsored in Iowa City by Public Space One and Chicago performance venue The Dollhouse DIY, the Dollhouse Femme Film Fest is a touring film festival dedicated to supporting and highlighting female-identified filmmakers. A series of short films will show Mar. 26–27, with all films playing each night.
An art exhibit titled We Are Survivors, curated by Jessica Pleyel, accompanies the festival (the gallery opens an hour before the screenings begin).
The following films will be showing:
• Catalyst by Serena Fath
• J Nugget by Charlotte Kennett
• Never by Angelica W. Malerba
• Untitled by Holly Arsenault
• Revenge of the Flower Gang by Amanda Kang
• Playing Games by Hannah Welever
• The Night Smokers of Chicago by Eve Studnicka
• Day/Night by Emily Esperanza & Abby Young
• Intentions by Hannah Spazzground Schiff
• Feel the Fear by Sarah Stearn
Serena Fath is the festival curator. The Dollhouse DIY is a Chicago performance venue run entirely by female-identified people. It was featured in Best of Chicago when it opened in 2014. The venue is classified as an Olive Level space under the designations created by the Feminist Action Support Network, a group dedicated to championing safer spaces for abuse survivors and oppressed people in the Chicago area.