- Johanna Blakley, Norman Lear Center
- Jeff Casimir, Turing School of Software and Design; JumpStart Lab
- Kathryn Dickel, MIDWESTIX
- John Schnipkoweit, NextStep.io
- Jeff Nock, John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center (JPEC) Bedell Entrepreneurial Learning Laboratory (BELL)
- Howard Butler, Hobu, Inc.
- Uday Verma, Interlink Network Systems, Inc.
- David K. Hensley John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center, UI Associate Vice President for Economic Development
- Mark Nolte, Iowa City Area Development (ICAD)
- Andy Stoll, Seed Here Studio, Iowa Startup Accelerator, Startup Iowa
- Janet Davis, Grinnell College
- Benjamin Oakes, Continuity
- David Tominsky, Iowa Startup Accelerator
- Fitzgerald Steele, Jr., Integrated DNA Technologies, Inc.
Zach Sanderson, Dev/Iowa
The Mission Creek Festival announced today the lineup details for its 2015 Innovation Conference. This year’s conference is a two-day event held at the Hotel Vetro offering lectures and daylong workshops on entrepreneurship, technology and building diversity.
On Friday, April 3, the conference will hold a diversity workshop geared toward leadership for equity and inclusion and a tech workshop on using the programming language Clojure.
On Saturday, April 4, the conference will feature talks including keynotes addresses by Johanna Blakley and Jeff Casimir. Blakley is the managing director and director of research at the Norman Lear Center, a media-focused think tank concentrating on entertainment, commerce and society. Casimir is the Executive Director of Turing School of Software and Design and founder of JumpStart Lab and co-creator of the Hungry Academy, a developer bootcamp.
Incorporated into the ticketing for the conference will be the previously announced lecture by Radiolab’s Jad Abumrad on the challenges of the creative process.
Tickets are available separately for the conference ($35), workshops ($50), and Jad Abumrad event ($30) — or in packages. Discounted tickets are available for students. Tickets are currently on sale at Midwestix.
Conference and workshop schedules, a full list of speakers, and additional details are available at the Mission Creek website. Additional speakers may be announced in the coming weeks.