Traxman w/ L-vis 1990
Gardner Lounge at Grinnell College — Wednesday Sept. 17 at 9 p.m.
A night of vanguard DJ performances come to Grinnell College tonight with a show featuring Chicago Footwork Legend Traxman, profiled in LV‘s fall music preview, and London’s L-Vis 1990. A show with such cutting-edge electronic dance music happening in small town Iowa might seem bizarre, but it’s really par for the course for Grinnell concerts.
With the winning combination of an enormous college endowment and a student body rife with discriminating music nerds, the college has a long history of bringing some of the most talented and unique musical acts to Iowa, and almost always makes their concerts free and open to the public. In recent years, they’ve managed to bring out ultra-hip acts like Shabazz Palaces, Juliana Barwick, Big Freedia, Das Racist, Bowerbirds, Dan Deacon and RJD2.
Check out the Grinnell’s fall lineup and discover the coolest of the cool in new music.
- Wednesday, Sept. 17: L-Vis 1990 w/ Traxman, Canoe, V.
- Friday, Sept. 19: Snowmine w/ Nightbox
- Wednesday, Oct. 1: Bambounou w/ Beautiful Swimmers
- Monday, Oct. 6: Cakes Da Killa w/ MikeQ
- Tuesday, Oct. 14: Dinosaur Feathers w/ Touching
- Friday, Oct. 31: Princess Nokia w/ TBA
- Saturday, Nov. 8: Majical Cloudz w/ The-Drum
- Saturday, Nov. 22: Lavender Country w/ TBA